Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Shadow Play

These are the images for my "Shadow Play" project.  I used Tmax100 film.



This photo exhibits a strong use of directional lighting.  This is an images of a redwood tree in my backyard.  In the darkroom, I didn't need to do anything "special" to the print, like adding filters or burning.  I printed on fiberbase paper.


This photo uses shadows to create a pattern.  I was aiming to emulate the feeling of a jail cell.  Like the first print, I did not need to do anything "special" to it while printing. I printed on fiberbased paper































This photo uses silhouette.  With this photo, I wanted to emulate Alfred Hitchcocks' "Psycho".  In order to take the photo, I set up a light and shot from inside my shower.  My father held up the knife for me.  This print was a little more difficult in the darkroom; I needed to use a 3 filter.  Printed on fiberbased paper.

On another note, I still need to do my dyptic photo, for I do not know how to do positive printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment