Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Self Portraits

These are the images from my self portrait project representing my past, present, and future selves.


Past:














     When I was much younger (particularly 6th grade), I was extremely introverted and taciturn.  This was partially from being abandoned by my friend group, being bullied, and not fitting in with other people; I became somewhat of a loner.  In response to my loneliness, I constantly focussed on my poetry -being my only output of feeling (exposing any part of my true self only led to further hurt)-, music, drawing, skateboarding, and social networking.  Later that year, however, I made a new friend and was integrated into a new group.


Present:

     



































Currently, I am a very confident, outspoken individual.  I no longer possess the introverted behavior I used to display (although I still have my quiet times), and do not care what people think about me.  I still focus greatly on my arts and am part of a friend group with people that I can trust in it.  I am a dedicated straight edger and have great aspirations. 


Future:





































When I grow older and become part of the working world, I would like to be an animator/comic book artist, and clarinetist (shown by the art supplies and comic books on my desk, my look of contemplation, and the miniature clarinet on my desk).  I edited the photo to have a "popping" effect, reminiscent of comic books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment